DIM ILLUMINATIONS: My Guest Review of Desiccated Temple of Locha

 I know I've been hitting the Nightwick recaps pretty hard on the blog, but that is in part because I think actually reports from the playing of dungeons in a classic style are still an under-represented aspect of the OSR scene. 

But that does not mean I'm not writing other things. For instance, if you'd like to know some of my other thoughts on dungeon design and play, then click on my guest spot at Bones of Contention where I dissect the Desiccated Temple of Locha.

A dungeon of suspended animation fish-people-- yes!


I tried to cover what was nice about this small adventure as well as where it might be improved. The author was also kind enough to read the review and deem it fair. But also supplied the extra bit of context that it originated as a one-page dungeon. This really helps clarify some of the choices.

Also, I once again employ Arnold K's Dungeon Checklist which was featured in KNOCK and I think is a great set of criteria by which to judge dungeons.

No comments:

Post a Comment