DUNGEON 23: Week 5 The Four Towers

 

PROGRESS: Click here to see this evolving #dungeon23

SWITCHING TO DIGITAL

Okay, I love the notebook but I am creating a lot of work for myself with it because I am drawing these geomorphs in Dungeon Scrawl, then drawing them again in the notebook, writing the entries, and then re-writing the entries in Google Drive. Too much! So, I think I'm just gonna make these things digitally and write them digitally.

WHAT DID I LEARN WEEK 5

  • I like this geomoph because it has multiple discrete areas, but also is very interconnected. I am starting to think its somewhat important that a 'morph allows PCs to traverse from almost any one door to any one of the others.
  • Rules are also made to be broken too. So it is good to have a few areas that are not connected to any other part of the 'morph because that can create interesting pathways, workarounds, and deadends.
  • I really hope to have some sorta unified idea after doing #dungeon23.
DO I LIKE MY WEEK'S EFFORTS?
  • With my Week 3 and 4 effort, I realized I created two morphs that are most easily traversed by skirting the parameter which is fine. However, it means the players don't have to contend with anything in the morph. This can be good if being chased because you know the direction to go and its easy to avoid detection, however, it also might be boring to explore at first.
  • These towers are also closer to the large "follies" I envision for the dungeon. I want structures that can have multiple functions and provide multiple vantage points. Towers work well for that.
  • Its also fun to finally introduce the troll and a big pile a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment